These no bake mango cheesecake jars are the perfect party dessert. Crunchy biscuit base, with a fluffy mango and cream cheese filling, and fresh mango chunks on top. It’s also vegetarian friendly, with no gelatin. This tropical dessert can be served in glass jars for an individual serving, or in a large bowl for a family style serving.
No bake mango cheesecake – the ingredients:
- Cheesecake Base: The base of the cheesecake is made with digestive biscuits. Other options include Marie biscuits or graham crackers. For a more different taste you can also use granola, lotus biscoff biscuits, or a mix of crushed nuts and biscuits. Just add melted butter to bind the crumbs together.
- Cream Cheese: Block cream cheese is used to make cheesecake. If not available, cheese triangles can also be used. Do not use spreadable cream cheese or cream cheese spread. I prefer to use Philadelphia cream cheese; however, you can use other brands depending on availability.
- Mango Puree: To make mango puree, blend fresh mango cubes in a blender till smooth. If required, add a few tablespoons of water. The color and sweetness of the mango puree will vary depending on the mango variety used. If the mango puree isn’t sweet enough, add more sugar to the cream cheese filling. In case fresh mangoes aren’t available, canned mango puree can be used instead.
- Sugar: It’s important to use finely granulated sugar or caster sugar in this recipe so it dissolves properly in the cream cheese filling. In case not available, just regular granulated sugar in the spice grinder till fine. Alternatively, icing sugar or confectioners’ sugar can also be used.
- Cream: Any cream that can whip up into soft peaks is used here. Depending on which country you are from, this is called double cream, thickened cream, heavy cream or tetra pak whipping cream.
- Flavorings: I like to flavor the cream cheese with lemon juice, and lemon zest. It adds a subtle tartness which tastes wonderful. It can be skipped, or vanilla essence can be added instead.
- Toppings: Toppings are a lovely way to add color, and texture to this cheesecake. My favorite topping is chopped fresh mangoes, toasted coconut flakes, and mango puree. Other options include desiccated coconut, crushed nuts, rose petals, and other fruits such as strawberries, blueberries or passionfruit.
How to make no bake mango cheesecake jars:
This dessert is super easy to whip up, and can easily be made in advance. Prepare the components in advance, then layer and keep in the fridge. Do the final garnish upto an hour before serving.
- Cheesecake base: Simply pulse digestive biscuits along with melted butter until they resemble fine crumbs. This can be done in a food processor or using a ziploc bag and a rolling pin. Set it aside.
- Mango cheesecake filling: Whip cream in a bowl until it reaches soft peaks. Whip softened cream cheese, sugar, mango puree, and lemon juice in another bowl until combined and smooth. Fold the whipped cream through the cream cheese mixture carefully.
- Assembly: Though this recipe is for no bake cheesecake jars, the cheesecake can also be assembled in a large serving bowl or a trifle bowl. It’s best to use a glass serving container, be it individual jars, or a serving bowl so that the layers are visible. Start off with placing the biscuit filling at the bottom. Use a spoon to push it down. Then add the cheesecake filling using either a spoon or a piping bag. Finally, top with your favorite garnishes. Serve cold. It’s best to do the garnishing about an hour before serving, so that they can retain their texture and crunch.
Would love it if you could try out and rate the recipe, and let me know how it was in the comments below!